Service Changes from April 2017
During the last five years the level of funding we receive has reduced by over half and because of this we need to change the services we offer.
What has changed?
- Our open door information and advice service will in the main be delivered by our team of volunteer advisers supported by a paid supervisor.
- Our capacity to support clients will be reduced and will depend on the number of volunteers we have in on any day.
- Our volunteer advisers supported by a paid supervisor will be responsible for delivering telephone and email advice.
- Our project delivering advice to mental health service users based at Dorothy Pattison Hospital have ceased.
- Our project supporting clients with welfare benefits appeals will cease.
Open door service will be available 9am-5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. We will provide information and same day appointments (depending on how many volunteers we have on the day).
Telephone advice will be available 2pm – 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Debt advice will be available 9am – 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday by appointment and 9am – 12pm Wednesday through our drop in service. You can also call on 01922 700600, select option 1 and leave a message and one of one of our caseworkers will call you back.
Housing advice - if you are facing possession proceedings, are homeless or threatened with homelessness or have housing disrepair issues and are eligible for Legal Help we can arrange for you to see our housing solicitor.